1. Personal information collected
When you use the Site or our Services, we may collect a variety of information from you, which may include:
- personal information required to subscribe or sign up or enrol, such as your name, email address, date of birth, bio, gender, profile picture, phone number, postal address, availability, required notice, residency status, preferred industries, work history, volunteer work, education, achievements, certificates, references, spoken languages, licences, access to a vehicle, dream job.
- personal information provided to us if you contact us, such as our records of that correspondence;
- personal information provided to us if you choose to complete any surveys or questionnaires for us, enter a competition of ours or participate in forums on our Site;
- personal information if you post or transmit information via the Site to other users; and
- information that may not be personal information, such as information detailing your visits to the Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
We may also record which of our Services you are interested in and which Services you use as well as user traffic patterns and site use. In the course of providing the Site and our Services to you, we may, subject to law, collect some sensitive information about you. Sensitive information means information or opinion about an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious beliefs, philosophical beliefs, memberships of a professional or trade association or trade union, sexual preferences or practices, criminal record or health information. If you disclose sensitive information to us, unless you have agreed otherwise, we will only use it for the purposes for which it was provided, for a directly related secondary purpose or as allowed by law. Our servers and those of our services providers may be located in various places both in New Zealand and overseas. Therefore, by using the Site or our Services, you are consenting to PartTimer’s collection, use and disclosure of your personal information and to the transfer and storage of that information on our and our services provider’s servers.
We aim to collect this information only as reasonably necessary to provide products and services, to understand and forecast our business and or to manage the Site. You are not required to provide personal information, however withholding it might mean we are not able to fulfil those purposes.
The primary purpose for which we collect information about you is to help PartTimer work, efficiently provide you with our Services and those of any of our related associated entities. We may also use the personal information for a secondary purpose related to the primary purpose for which you would reasonably expect us to use the information. We also collect information about you to:
- disclose to third parties who also use our Services, such as potential employers or training organisations;
- to customise, measure, and improve user experience and our services, content, and advertising and to deliver targeted marketing process your communications, your membership of and subscription to the Site and to enable your use of the Site and the Services;
- provide you with an up to date, efficient and reliable Service;
- help prevent fraudulent activity;
- publish to physical or electronic media such as Social media channels that your business and/or trading name (as per the Business Name recorded) is seeking to hire part-timers. We reserve this right to publish very basic information should we discover that there aren't enough Jobseekers available in our system to meet the job requirements. We deem that by you (the business) joining and entering your information, you are genuinely interested in finding Part-Timers for your business and therefore accept that we will likely let Jobseekers know you have joined the online service and are actively looking;
- provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you (except where you have requested not to be contacted for such purposes);
- generally run the Site; and
- comply with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993
From time to time we may also monitor and record telephone calls for training purposes and to improve our Service to you. Any images uploaded to PartTimer are assumed to be suitable for the public domain and may be made available in the public domain. Images may also be used for marketing purposes by PartTimer.
PartTimer will not sell or license the personal information of users to third parties for their marketing purposes without the explicit consent of the user. We may disclose your personal information to related companies of PartTimer (in which case your personal information will be collected, used, disclosed, managed and stored in accordance with this policy). We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- authorised by you to receive information held by us (including external training organisations or other members using the Site, associated websites and our Services);
- for the purpose of asking that third party to provide goods or services on our behalf, including but not limited to carrying out data analysis, cleansing, processing credit card information, mailouts, debt collection, marketing, research and advertising;
- that are our agents, business partners or joint venture entities or partners;
- that are associated websites (our Services may be offered through and accessible via a number of other websites in addition to this Site (“associated websites”) and data that you post to the Site for access by members of the Site may be searchable and available to users of the Site who access it via associated websites);
- that sponsor or promote any competition that we conduct or promote via our Services;
- in the event that we sell, trade or licence any part of the business or assets of the business that include your personal information (excluding cookies);
- for the purpose of contacting you directly about their offers, promotions, goods or services (if we do disclose your personal information for this purpose, we will always give you the opportunity to request that your information not be disclosed for this purpose in the future); or
- to protect the rights, property, or our safety, our customers’, or others’. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction, or to the Police and any relevant authority or enforcement body (including your Internet Service Provider or network administrator).
You agree that if we transfer ownership or management of the Site, our Services, the business and/or the assets (in whole or in part) to a third party, that we may also transfer your personal data or other personal data you have provided to us, including all sensitive personal data and any other information about you to such third party, provided such third party agrees to observe this policy.
4. Registration and sharing through third-party website
PartTimer may offer single sign-on services that allow you to use third party login credentials to sign into PartTimer. With your permission, PartTimer may also transfer profile information contained in your third-party profile. PartTimer may also, for your use, enable you to import information about who you are connected to, as well as enable you to share information with those third-party websites, at your discretion. If you wish to discontinue using such sharing, you will be able to do so. These third-party websites are not under our control, and we cannot accept responsibility for the conduct of business linked to the Site. Before disclosing your personal information on any other Site, we advise you to examine the terms and conditions of using that website and its privacy statements.
5. Marketing communications
You agree to receive marketing communications from PartTimer unless you tell us that you prefer not to receive such communications. If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from PartTimer, simply indicate your preference by following directions provided with the communication. If you use the tools in PartTimer to send content to a friend, PartTimer does not permanently store your friends’ addresses or use or disclose them for marketing purposes.
6. Access, modification and deletion
It is both in our interest and yours that any personal information we hold about you is accurate, complete and current. If the data we hold about you is inaccurate in any way, please contact us via the Contact Us Page. You can request access to your personal information via the Contact Us Page. In accordance with the Privacy Act 1993, we may at our discretion, require you to pay our reasonable costs of making such personal information available to you. In some circumstances, as allowed under the Privacy Act 1993, we may refuse to give you access to your personal information. Where we refuse to provide you with your personal information, we will give you full reasons for our refusal and allow you to challenge our decision. PartTimer may delete personal information when PartTimer no longer needs it for the purposes PartTimer described earlier. We have no liability for any loss, damage or misappropriation of your personal information.
PartTimer uses SSL encrption for all communication and encryption throughout the parttimer.jobs site. Physical security of servers, real or virtual etc are operated by industry leading cloud providers (Amazon Web Services, Google.com, Facebook.com) and we rely significantly on their policies and technology to protect your personal information from misuse, loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. PartTimer cannot however 100% guarantee unauthorised access and disclosure of your personal information.
In order to improve the Service and the Site, we may use a device known as a 'cookie'. Cookies are a means by which information relating to your internet activity (such as whether you have visited the Site before) is recorded on your hard drive and used by us to improve the Site and the Services. Cookies enable us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests;
- speed up your searches; and
- recognise you when you return to our site.
9. Contact details
If you wish to complain about our response to a request, or a potential breach of this policy or the Privacy Principles, please contact PartTimer at email@example.com.